cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it so difficult to just upgrade through My EE?

Painful
Visitor

EE have sent me a reminder that my contract is up within 14 days and an offer to upgrade. I found an offer I wanted but it is just so difficult to simply upgrade that it's just easier to leave EE. It a shame but with no online chat or simple process to allow to stay why should I waste my time to give them custom. I'm happyto discuss this with EE.....I wonder if they will ever call?

7 REPLIES 7
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

If you've found an Upgrade Deal that suits you then just Call EE CS or Upgrade Team on 150 or 0800 956 6000 and they will do there best to Upgrade you, If you have been sent a Text on Offer to Upgrade its possible that you may not get a follow up call, also worth making a Copy or Screenshot of any Deals that have been sent to you or that you have found yourself before you call EE.

Sorry but, the site sends you round in circles, and then speaking to an advisor they seemed reluctant to upgrade me absolutely terrible im not sure if it was the time of night or the fact she couldn’t be bothered, first she tried to upsell to me then when i revealed i knew what these tactics were she lost all interest i have been with EE before it even was EE, complete joke of a customer service……

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @RicardoKnight 

Welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear of your experience. Have you managed to speak to someone to sort this out?

Chris

Blacksubaru
Visitor

Yeah its ridiculous i can not find anywhere that says upgrade just crap fake bkack fridays deals for everything but phone contracts although i found one link my contract ended in 2021 but it stills say i cannot upgrade at this time.....looks like time to go!! been with ee since One2One 25+ years hence the 07956 number

Leanne_T

Hi @Blacksubaru 

Thanks for coming to the community. 

If you log into your EE account here, and select upgrade do you see any options available? 

Leanne 🙂

Compbck
Contributor
Contributor

Likewise, last week I found a sim only package that I wanted to move to when my current account expires on 03/12/23 and selected it. I have logged back into my account today and still no confirmation that it will take effect on the 04/12/23. I am now thinking of moving to 02 because I can’t deal with the hassle. The only option the app gives is update to a new device which is not what I want to do.

Leanne_T

Hi @Compbck 

Thanks for coming back to the community. 

If you would like to check the plan will change once the contract ends, please call us on 150 and the team will be happy to help 🙂

Leanne.