cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Upgraded phone >24hr still not active

journeyman4
Investigator
Investigator

Ive been trying to upgrade via phone on Monday, Tuesday, 13/14th March 2023, Ive tried different operators, even been quoted different prices, but at close of play Tuesday 14th March 2023 still nothing so it will go into Wednesday. As some said preciously its easier to leave the network.

I came here after 16 years with O2, wish Id not bothered will get pac  codes for the two phones. had enough now.

10 REPLIES 10
journeyman4
Investigator
Investigator

Total rubbish ee. I came here two years ago, been trying  to upgrade since 11 am Monday 13th March 2023, there was a glitch in your system over (one) 1p I am told. tried again today twice still the same. was also told "back office" time to sort things is 72 hours, by reading various forums this was first reported on sunday 12th we are now coming to close of play on 14th Tuesday. so that Sunday, Monday, Tuesday looks like it will go into wednesday 15th making a mockery of so called 72 hours!!

I go to ee website my ee it tells me I cannot upgrade whats that about? I had my phone  when I came to ee, and am only on a sim deal as is my wife. it tells me i am not eligable yet to upgrade my contract (sim) ENDED JUNE 2022!! and since we came to ee we cannot make or receive calls unless we go onto internet calling, this never happened with my previous provider. any way no one seems much bothered about addressing the issues so Ive got two PAC CODES.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @journeyman4 

I am very sorry to hear this has happened. 

Please get in touch with our mobile care team on 150 , they can get an update on this for you. 

Thanks very much. 

Leanne. 

journeyman4
Investigator
Investigator

time has moved on now and I did finally manage to upgrade but it dragged on, any way since my upgrade I regret coming to ee. I have just left bt who caused my wife and self nothing but stress for 6 weeks because of lies and promisies that never came to fruition, so thankfully thats bt gone with BB and land line ee next.

As soon as Ive paid my phone off my wife and i will be gone. The reason? many times ive gone to make a call on my mobile only to be told "Your not registered on the neywork" this happens to me about every 15/16 days or so the last time being this morning I was unable to use my phone for about 15 minutes and my land line was not working because of bt, (had engineer out and that now works) but in that 15 minutes or so i had no way of outside contact other than email. This is happening to much for my liking, that is why "I WILL BE LEAVING" ASAP

Katie_B

Good morning @journeyman4

Welcome back to the community. 

I am sorry to hear this is happening. 

Have you been able to notify our technical care team of this?

Are you aware of any issues within your area? you can check this by using the Network Status Checker and selecting 'Status'.

Speak soon, 

Katie

There is always issues in my area according to ee. Yes I have mentioned this to tech people ages ago did tests etc but was told all ok. so they were really no help. It happened again today Not registered on network.

My phone is new bought from ee. we can not make or receive calls in our home and have to have internet calling, so not ideal. and the ammount of texts i get from ee saying there is a problem in your area beggars  beliefe. So as soon as my phone is paid i will be gone. If I could pay it off now i would thats for sure.

Thank you for your reply but sadly ee is no good in my area.

Katie_B

Hi @journeyman4

Thanks for confirming. 

I would recommend getting back in touch and notifying the team of this. 

Are you aware of anyone else experiencing this outside of your property?

Katie

bristolian
Legend
Legend

There's nothing inherently wrong with relying on WiFi-calling, many millions of users do so on a daily basis. No network is ever likely to achieve 100% national indoor coverage & VoWiFi is an excellent solution.

For every location where EE has limited or no indoor coverage, there will be many others where alternative networks have the exact same issue. Be sure to survey all locations you'll be using your phone indoors & out, before choosing a new provider.

. No I will not bother anymore, I will bide my time pay off phone and go. Never had these issues with O2. Yes other have had it as well with different phones. As stated before had the ee hub with bt Broad band that didnt work either, so as I said will be glad just to leave.

thanks for reply. all i know is when ever i have travelled in the uk I personally never had any issues with my previous provider.

There is nothing wrong with internet calling ? I beg to differ loose the I/N and you,ve lost the phone  for me that is a problem especially when land lines are plugged into the router as well. That is why when you sing up for BB/Phone  provider will ask if you have the ability to make a call if the I/net is lost. So because of poor/no signal having to have ones mobiles based on I/net calling you have if its down lost all means of communication, and for me that is  a problem.

Thanks for reply but Im leaving soon as.