cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My EE Account Hacked

Gymshoes
Contributor
Contributor

On Thursday 11th August my EE Account was Hacked and someone bypassed EE security and Obtained a Pac code, They then used this to transfer my no to Lycamobile, EE sent me a Sorry your leaving Text which I new was wrong so I immediately contacted them but they said it was too late to stop it happening and I would need to wait until Monday. Over the weekend the hackers have accessed all my online banking app and credit card apps as they appear to have clones my phone. They have changed pass  codes to prevent my access and are trying to take money out of all my accounts---BEWARE 

24 REPLIES 24
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Gymshoes    They haven’t cloned your phone they have control of your phone number so anything that your phone number is apart off can potentially be compromised.      For this to happen they also need more information than just obtaining your phone number.  Ie who you bank with,       You need to call your bank about this asap. If you have an Amazon account remove your payment method and change your password.  If you have a eBay account remove your payment method and change your password.      Anything that your phone number is apart of you need to change/block/switch off.       And you then need to contact them services if you notice anything that’s not what it should be. 

Sent from my Galaxy
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Gymshoes 

I am very sorry to hear this has happened on your account. 

Please follow @Chris_B's advice and change all passwords, and contact your bank to make them aware this has happened. 

If you can get back in touch with our mobile care team, they can get this fully investigated for you. 

For help on staying safe, please see our Online Security: Avoid and Prevent Scams

Thanks. 

Leanne. 

Thanks for that, somehow they attacked every app on my phone 4 banking apps and 6 credit card apps  - the big question is how did they bypass EE security and obtain a pac code. Could mean big problems for EE ? All accounts frozen now the process to sort it all out begins, hard to do over a weekend. Unable to find out how much money has been stolen  but will find out Monday.
Assume EE will be liable ?
Leanne_T

Hi @Gymshoes 

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Our Fighting fraud (ee.co.uk) has information on steps to take to report this.

Once this has been reported to our mobile care team they will let you know the next steps. 

Leanne.

Hi Leanne, 

Thanks for reply.

I talked  to EE on Thursday so hopefully things in motion, very disappointed they don't have a dedicated phone line for this type of fraud 150 can take a long time to get through to. They also  said they couldn't do anything until Monday, obviously the fraudsters knew this so have had all weekend to access my accounts through my phone no. Should I contact police for a crime reference ?

@Gymshoes , I would definitely report this to the police and you will then get a crime reference. You should be able to contact your bank and credit card companies, they will be able to provide you with new cards and block the others if this needs to be done.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
Leanne_T

Hi @Gymshoes 

You can find information and report this on the Action Fraud site.

Hope this helps. 

Leanne.

Hi fellow victim and to EE management 

I have had exactly the same happen to me on exactly the same day 11th August I am no further forward in securing my ee account, hone number, app, phone or any aspect of my life where my phone number is connected

😭😭😭😭