cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE app lists wrong model of phone

Jono1969
Investigator
Investigator

My EE App has my phone model as iPhone 11 Pro when I actually have the iPhone 13 pro max. Can’t find a way to change this despite searching both in the app settings and on the EE web interface. It doesn’t cause a problem but it is annoying. Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn’t sort it out!
Any ideas how to solve this?

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jono1969  You can not change this yourself it’s done automatically by using your new device and the my EE app on a cellular connection.   

Blank_disk
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Then why have you not done this as I have the same issue, it's listing my a70 from last contract and due this I may not be getting all my benefits.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Blank_disk

The device shown is only cosmetic and does not affect your use.

The plan showing will be the plan you selected at upgrade and you will still receive all your benefits. The device shown will automatically update after using the My EE app.

Katie 🙂

Katie, you said after using the app on cellular network it will update to the correct model but this doesn’t happen?

I know it’s not detrimental to the contract or app use but all the same it doesn’t correct itself either?

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jono1969

If this taking a while to update I would recommend speaking with our technical care team who may be to raise a ticket for this to be looked into on your account. 

Katie 🙂