cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE account broken since October-ish last year

Ollmall
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I have no idea anymore how to get this resolved.

Since about last year I have had major issues with my EE account. I can't access the store, properly log in to my account or access all the features of my account.

I have spoke to EE several times who have 'raised a form' and promised someone would reach out to me in 7 days. Obviously that never happened any of the times they said it would.

This persists across several devices, web browsers, private browsing etc.

When logging in I get a generic: 'Sorry, looks like a technical error'

Anyone else had this and managed to get it sorted out?

IMG_0272.PNGIMG_0273.PNG

10 REPLIES 10
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Ollmall,

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems managing your account online.

I'd recommend contacting Customer Care on 150 so a member of the team can check the progress of your support ticket.

Thanks

James

Ollmall
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I have done that many many times. Each time I get batted round different departments and 2 or 3 times they've filled out some sort of form where 'someone will reach out to you in the next 7 days' which they never have, hence this post. No one can tell me what's wrong with my account or how to fix it.

@Ollmall , Are you able to check that you are registered as the account holder rather than the user? Just a suggestion, as that does seem strange.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
Ollmall
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

It's been my account with no other names on it since 2012 so it should still be in my name. No one was ever given permission or authorisation to change it in any way.

All the bills etc. all have my name on anyway.

Katie_B

Hi @Ollmall

If your EE online account has been set up as a user rather than the account holder it will limit you to what you can do online. 

Our customer care team will be able to check this and ensure you are set as the account holder. 

Katie

Ollmall
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi Katie,

As mentioned above, I have had this EE account since 2012 and been the sole named user and owner of this account. 

It stopped working last October time (around the time a bunch of people's did) and mine has just never worked properly since. 

I have spoken to EE sooooooooo many times and no one can tell me what's wrong with it or call me back as promised to try and fix it.

In fact thinking about it, now that I've got an EE broadband account, I'm now missing out on a ton of features that I'm forced to pay for. So in a way EE are actually not providing me the service that I'm paying for. 

Thanks.

Katie_B

Thanks for confirming that this was working before, this would indicate a single user fault on your account rather than this being set up incorrectly. @Ollmall

Please try giving us another call and keep me posted here on the community.

Katie

Ollmall
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Right but this is what I'm saying.

I've called multiple times about the issue and multiple times been told there doesn't look to be anything wrong. They then raise the form and promise a call back within 7 days but that never happens. It's honestly exhausting calling customer care sometimes because no one knows what the problem is and sends you to tons of different departments.

I was on the phone for 2 hours with yourselves last time trying to sort out issues including my account not working.

Katie_B

I understand this must be frustrating @Ollmall

We have no account access here on the community, so we are unable to raise a ticket for this. 

There should be notes on your EE account viewable to the agent if you do not wish to go into detail when calling again.

Katie