cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Site Just Shows a Blank Page

WooKiiE
Visitor

I'm having an issue where I have logged in to my EE account, and clicked "yes" on one of the buttons which asks "Was everything clear on this page?". Doing this immediately kicked me out of the website, and now I can't access the website on any of my devices whilst they are connected to my home Wi-Fi. I can still access the app on my home Wi-Fi, however.

I cannot access the community page though; I have had to write this up whilst connected to a VPN. 

This is a bizarre glitch I have never experienced before so any help would be great, please?

40 REPLIES 40
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @WooKiiE,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Have you tried clearing your cookies and cache or using a different web browser?

Thanks

James

Hi I have the same issue.

When logged in if you click on Yes from the image below it's turns the screen white and you can't get back onto any page again on any device from the IP address you clicked Yes from. Clicking No gives you loop of a popup box and can't access anything either.

Capture.JPG

Hi @CoC 

In the end the solution I found was to clear cookies and then restart my Wi-Fi. This seemed to solve it for me.

Hope that helps 🙂 

Hi @WooKiiEx

Thanks for yor reply, I have tried that with sadly no joy.

At the moment I'm logged in via a VPN and tested it on a couple of IP's and it's stopped them connecting once you click that "Yes" botton.

looks like somethings gone wrong there and probably best to avoid it.

Hi again @CoC 

I must admit I didn’t try clicking on the “Yes” again after logging back in, didn’t want to chance it! 

My Wi-Fi was coming from a BT Smart Hub 2 at the time, and I had to old fashioned hard reboot it (pull out all the plugs and wait). The reboot option within the admin settings did nothing.

Very strange that the button is still broken after 3/4 months though... definitely one to avoid. 

Thanks again @WooKiiEx my computer is connected via ethernet, but I have tried via wifi too on phones and other computers, I even updated the firware on the router to see if it was that.

It was only when I logged in via the VPN that I remembered the last thing I did was click the Yes button. so googled "EE Was everything clear on this page?" and came to your post. which described the exact problem.

As you say it's been a few months since your first report and we can't be the only ones to have clicked that button.

I'll report back if it resets after a period of time, to at least give someone else help if they come across the same problem.

James_B

Hi @CoC,

What is the URL of the page with this issue? 

Which web browser are you using?

James

Hi @James_B 

The page is: https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/app/account-summary

I have done some more testing and it only happens on my Firefox Browser with Adblocker Ultimate enabled.

If I disable the Adblocker and click the Yes button the page continues to work.

If I re-enable Adblocker and click Yes the page goes completely white and there is nothing I can do to get it to work except change IP address in the VPN.

Once Yes has been clicked turning Adblocker on / off and even changing browsers / devices has no affect, the screen stays white. It's like an IP ban.

Christopher_G

Thanks for feeding this back, @CoC.

I'll pass this information over to our My EE team to investigate.

Chris