Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to top up PAYG number and Instructions on Website are incorrect

Riconline
Investigator
Investigator

Hi all,

I'm trying to top up my PAYG number via the app/ website however unable to find the feature anywhere. 

I raised this twice last year as I remember vividly how ridiculous the app and website is when trying to top up a PAYG number. ...And of-course.... no amendments have been made on the website or app ofcourse. I guess its easier to leave it as it is and let people waste precious time scrolling and clicking around trying to find the top up function...

Anyway... I would really like to top up my PAYG number and followed the steps mentioned here: https://ee.co.uk/help/mobile/manage-use/pay-as-you-go/top-up-my-phone 
1. Open the EE app and go to Plans then Mobile and then select Top up
2. Visit ee.co.uk and go to Home, Plans and subscriptions then Mobile and then select Top up

Since I am on a desktop machine, I am following step 2. I have clicked on Home, and then on Plans and Subscriptions, and then Mobile which shows me the monthly rollover contract I have and NOT my PAYG number and yes the PAYG number was selected on the dropdown in the previous page. There is no Top up function that I can see as I am billed monthly via direct debit for the other number. 

Can someone please explain and guide me?

Thanks,

Eric

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fatboy71
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

This is the link I use to top up my Father's pay as you go number. It seems to be a different link to what you provided in your post. Could you try my link and see if you can top up via it. 

https://ee.co.uk/bills-payments/mobile/fast-payment-payg 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Fatboy71
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

This is the link I use to top up my Father's pay as you go number. It seems to be a different link to what you provided in your post. Could you try my link and see if you can top up via it. 

https://ee.co.uk/bills-payments/mobile/fast-payment-payg 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master
  1. You can't have a contract no. & a PAYG no. under the same EE a/c. They don't mix. You need a separate EE a/c for the PAYG.
  2. OR Try using Fast Top-up online to pay by UK bank card. You don't need to login or register anything. All you need is your mobile no. & it doesn't remember your card details.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thank you !

This is exactly what i wanted. Cheers

Thanks XRaySpeX

Managed using the link, cheers for the help!

@Riconline wrote:

Thank you !

This is exactly what i wanted. Cheers

You are very welcome, glad I could help. Fantastic, happy to hear that sorted the issue 😀