cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App bugs, website bugs

Crithwood
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

use the app on my phone and website on a laptop.

The app can tell me there are extra charges, but has never been able to show the detail of those. It shows an error message on clicking the button for that detail.

The website says it also is unable to show this detail at that time. (but always shows that message).

What is the point of tempting the user to seek detail if its always unavailable?

Its seems that the only way to get the detail is to wait until the bill is sent. That's too late to stop my behaviour that caused extra charges, or to buy some extra provision to accommodate that need. And that the only practically accessible method to find answers is through a forum of users is also unacceptable.

16 REPLIES 16
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Crithwood , you may want to ask customer service to reset it, then you can register again and hopefully it should work, never had a problem, myself.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
Crithwood
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Would they "reset" a website just because I ask them?

The website has been updated recently - I got a new auth page when I logged in - The EE Community is the same, but i'm excited to see what else has changed

It doesn't always come to this page, but it seems when I sign in to the community (only by trying to create a new post) will this come up

Screenshot 2022-05-05 at 07.34.30.png

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Crithwood,

@Schockwave was referring to resetting your My EE account access, rather than the website.

The issue you're experiencing is likely to be related to your individual account profile, as it isn't affecting all users.

Our technical support team will be happy to help if you get in touch.

James

James_B

Hi @Kirigaya_Kazuto,

The new My EE login experience you are seeing has just rolled out to the community and you should start to see it in other areas of the website very soon.

James

It's....not that great, I preferred the old one, tbh, because of the way the username and password fields work, it causes me extra steps and I have to go into my password manager twice

Old flow..

1. Reach logon page

2. Click bitwarden browser extension

3. Click my account

4. bitwarden auto fills my username & password

5. click login

New flow:

1. Reach logon page

2. Click bitwarden browser extension

3. Click my account

4. bitwarden auto fills my username

5. click next

6. Click bitwarden browser extension

7. Click my account

8. bitwarden auto fills my password

9. finally login

But at least it looks nice and modern. Lets hope they revamp the MyEE account page too.... you know, it it works

Capture.PNG

I can't have this, because reasons. Yes, I activated it via text and MyEE should at least reflect that, if I can't set it from there (don't know why)

Crithwood
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

The app I'm using is the same one I've used for a year, and the website hasn't change either. Maybe you can see a new one, but I cannot.

The errors in these have persisted for over a year.

Christopher_G

I would suggest speaking to our Technical Support team so they can help you with this, @Crithwood.

Chris