Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Closed Error

garetc
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Morning all,

I have a bit of a weird error on the MyEE app:

When I log in it says 'Account Closed - Remember to pay your final bill. If you make a late payment, then it can affect your credit score. If any charges weren't included in your bill (or if we owe you any credit), then we'll pop an update in the post.

When I click on the Bill Info button it redirects me to the EE Broadband help site, I don't have broadband with EE, I'm with BT. Spoke to CS who advised that there's an old BT broadband account linked to my EE account. Do those systems link together? I know BT is EE's parent company but should that affect my EE mobile account and the app?

6 REPLIES 6
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @garetc 

You should be able to see your mobile account regardless of who your broadband provider is. If you speak to our Mobile Care team again, they should be able to help you get access to it.

Chris

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

A BT account should not be linked in any way with your MyEE account. 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks @Christopher_G, bit of an essay…

I did call CS, the first person I spoke with took about 30 minutes, called the broadband team who allegedly told them they needed to speak to a BT trained agent. BT agent had no idea what the previous ‘guide’ was talking about so after 20 minutes of checking my accounts transferred me to a mobile guide.

They spent a lot of time checking my account and have confirmed that nothing is wrong with the account. They then transferred me to tech support who (again) couldn’t find anything wrong with the account. They advised me to delete and reinstall the app which I’ve done at least 3 times.

She spoke to her TL who said they have had some reports of this issue.They speculated that it could be to do with my iPhone back-order. Coincidentally I’ve had a notice that it’ll be delivered tomorrow.

Your colleague has opened a call-back to check up on the issue this Saturday. By then hopefully anftwr everything updates it’ll clear the issue.

To add to the strangeness the app works fine on Android, it’s just iOS.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

OK, thanks @garetc. Yes, you're right, it is all a bit strange. Hopefully it fixes itself after your phone arrives. 

Please keep us updated on what happens.
Chris

Tanin1
Visitor

I had the same thing this morning, I updated my iphone to ios 17.4 last night and when I logged in to ee app it told me the same ( account closed ) 🤔 then it asked me to update my app which I did,

I logged out of the app and logged back in again and all was back to normal! 👍🏻

garetc
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Lucky you! 😁

My issue is still on-going, apparently it’s a known error and there’s no fix for it. 

All I can do is log in via the website.