cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Won't give me refund no trace of my cancellation

Mandymoo5
Visitor

Ok so I should check my bank account but I hadn't been, anyway I phoned up EE and cancelled my contract in 2018 through the phone in the drawer never thought another think about it as I joined Tesco. Just set up online banking and noticed that EE have still been taking payments all this time. So I contacted them via Twitter and the lady says there's no record of me cancelling so no refund. I wouldn't mind but it's over £600, I got the phone and new number from Tesco and called the EE phone line told them I wanted to cancel they tried to talk me into staying but I said no just cancel please I already have new contract. I presumed that was it until I happened to look at my account. Now I 100% cancelled I didn't need two phone contracts yet they can't find anything on my account so hard luck me. Do I give up or keep trying to get my money back?

2 REPLIES 2
bristolian
Legend
Legend

It could easily be argued that you're at fault for not noticing the payments over ~5 years as EE could be for allegedly not processing the request. Unless you have some proof of the request having been made, you may struggle here.

You certainly need to ensure that cancellation notice has been given, which you can do one of 3 ways.

1: Call in via 0800 0798586 and verbally request disconnection

2: Write in via recorded delivery

3: If your EE phone still works, obtain a STAC by texting STAC to 75075 and give that to Tesco Mobile.

Jank0x
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

This seems like youre at fault here due to the fact you never cancelled the contract years before you opened online banking.

EE do not give refunds to customers if; they didn't give notice of cancellation within the 7 day cooling off period if its a SIM only. 

They do not give refunds either if you did use the SIM and use gigabytes of data and claimed the network had issues as EE can trace where your connection failed.

They absolutely will not refund you either if you fail to notify of cancellation and decide to cancel after 5+ years of running the account.