cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Within 14 days of new SIM can I use a PAC code to terminate the contract

cpharvey
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I'm in a tail of woe with EE and considering switching to Vodafone. I have a primary line and a high quantity of SIM only plans attached to the main line. The main trouble is with my primary line, but this question relates to the SIM only sub-contract lines.

On Friday of last week (three days ago) I decided to change all the SIM only lines, which were all out of their various 12mth, 18mth and 24mth contracts into new 12 month SIM only plans for a better overall price. So i'm still within the 14 days of those plans being initiated.

Today, EE managed to annoy me again so much that I'm now seriously going to Vodafone today to setup a new primary and sub contract with them. But here's the question, if I do that, and I get new SIMs for all the family members I support, and then I order a PAC code for each one, does that automatically cancel the new 12 MTH contracts for each?

Or, do I get the new SIMs, then order the PACs, wait for the number transfer, and then do a SIM ONLY "returns" on the EE website?

In essence I just need to know does the PAC code and then use of the number on another provider automatically cancel the contract within 14 days with no financial liability on the new contracts (i.e. EE demand 12 months of service payment for each line), or do I need to take extra steps to cancel the contracts with 150.

I realise in hindsight I should not have started new contracts while in dispute on my primary line, but I thought EE would handle it better than they have, so now i'm looking at a wholesale switch.

Any help is appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You've got yourself into a mess. You should've done this before taking out new contracts.

Yes, using a PAC to port you nos. to a new network does auto cancel you EE contracts but it doesn't necessarily remove your financial liabilities of these new full-term EE contracts.

To avail yourself of the statutory 14-day cooling-off period you need to correspond with EE Channel Returns - see How Do I Cancel my Contract Within 14 days?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
cpharvey
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Yep agreed, I should have waited to sort out the sub-lines, but I thought EE would be better than they have been and today they showed their worst side.

Further question, assuming I do need to Cancel within 14 days as per the link you posted ( this is easier btw - https://ee.co.uk/help/orders/returns-form-14-days), if i'd already performed a PACs number transfer, does EE then assign a temporary replacement number to the SIM on which I cancel? 

I'm thinking through the logic of this. If the form needs a number and I ported it, how do they identify the contract?

Ah, I now see what you gotta do to get out of this pickle.

1. Cancel the new SIM-Only contracts during the statutory 14-day cooling-off period by getting in touch with EE Channel Returns.
  2. This will revert your contracts to the old rolling contracts.
  3. Now use PACs to port to another network. This will auto cancel your old EE contracts.
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Also make sure of sufficient coverage & service in all the locations you'll want to use any of your phones. It's better to have coverage shock now when you can do something about it, than making things worse down the line.