cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why on earth is EE working with Likewize?

moonhowl
Explorer

I replaced my 1 year old pixel 7 256 gb (from EE, excellent condition) with the new px8 pro in October.

I will usually gumtree or ebay my used devices however I saw advertisement for the likewize trade-in on EE website and I was like "hm, I don't really care if I get a few pounds less, this looks like a professional service supported by the reputable company that the EE is, let's try this"...

Boy oh boy was I wrong...took them over two weeks to get my valuation to start with.

The incompetent ...scammers...there really is no other word for it.... then proceeded to claim the phone model I sent in was not the one I selected on the trade-in website (there was only one option for the 256gb pixel 7 to select from!!!) and that due to this, my phone has been evaluated at 20£ (!!!!!!!!) and that if I don't reply within 14 days they'll automatically pay me 20£ for the phone worth hundreds. In addition, they stated the money would be in my bank account on dec 7th (within 3 days of me receiving the email).

I then decided to go look on Truspilot and check out this "likewize"...these guys have 27% 1 star reviews (over a quarter!!!). I can't believe EE is working with them and advertising them on their website, what the hell????????

I am trying to get a hold of the support now to get my phone back before I quite literally get scammed out of it by what seems like a street thug operation!

What a scummy, SCUMMY way to treat your customers! Now I'm not in desperate need of money, as noted above I thought this would be a quicker and simpler way to get rid of my old device, however, I don't think EE could have done anything worse to lose their reputation with me. What an incompetent, underhanded approach to trade-ins! What a waste of my time!!!!

4 REPLIES 4
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @moonhowl 

Welcome to the community. I'm really sorry to hear of your experience.

Have you managed to speak to Likewize? I'm sure once you're able to speak to them, they'll be able to get this resolved for you.

Please keep us posted on what happens.

Chris

Mswallah
Visitor

I am currently going through the same thing, they are telling me my old phone was to be traded in against the cost of the new phone when this was not the case, having spent an hour talking to EE, the last “trade in” they have for me was 2018. This is surely theft i am absolutely fuming

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mswallah

Thanks for coming here. 

Have you been able to contact Likewize for them to look into this for you?

Katie

It's not about "looking into it", I got my phone back in the end (though I'm sure there are people that haven't), it's about the sheer incompetence on display and the waste of people's time.

In the end I sold my phone on eBay for same amount of money in literally two days, whilst I was being effed around by likewise for about 2 weeks.

You're (EE) advertising a company with an absolutely atrocious Trust pilot score, which is obviously struggling to service their customers in any competent manner, and you're PUTTING YOUR BRAND BEHIND IT.

It's misleading and it makes your customers think they are going to get a professional, seamless service.

If you want to know what they get instead go read their trust pilot reviews!!!