cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When is the cut off for the CPI increase so I time a new contract correctly?

Colstalex
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

As per the subject line. Don't want to be caught by an increase a few weeks after signing up.

10 REPLIES 10
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Colstalex  I believe you’re ok in march onwards.  Personally I’ll wait till the last week of March,   

Colstalex
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Thanks

Never understand how they can justify an inflation plus increase for someone who has only been with them for a few weeks. At least these CPI+ increases will be coming to an end now and they have to spell out the increase you will face each year.

@Colstalex  Because it’s in the contract T&Cs.  This is clear to see and it’s down to the purchaser to be aware of the T&Cs.     This is also explained and you have to agree to the T&Cs before the sale can commence, so it is explained but unfortunately most customers just don’t read the T&Cs or listen to the T&Cs and just say YES when asked if they understand the T&Cs.  
it’s called “new toy must have” syndrome and for some reason it causes the  inability to understand the T&Cs. 

Colstalex
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I understand they are in the T&Cs but still immoral. 

@Colstalex  Unfortunately at present being immoral isn’t part of the contract.  It’s part of the agreement and you accepted that when you take out the contract and it’s all legal at present on the way  it’s conducted.   Contracts are not based on what’s immoral.   You enter a contract knowing full well of the T&Cs even if you don’t read them. 

Colstalex
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Actually 1p mobile is a better deal, no annual increase, free roaming and full use and max speed of the EE network.

@Colstalex  And the use of EEs network could change you have to remember this when you choose a MVNO network.   It’s also PAYG.   No annual increase doesn’t mean they will not increase prices it just means they don’t do yearly price increases.   Clever wording that people over look the mean of.   

And just found out no smart watch support unless you can put a SIM card in it.   

You can’t get an eSIM on 1pMobile, you can’t divert incoming calls to another number and you don’t get visual voicemail. But most budget networks don’t offer these, so it’s no shock 1p are thin on the ground here.   

Colstalex
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Correct no eSIM etc., but no contract so can escape when I want if things don’t work out.

@Colstalex  I’m not saying is not a good deal though especially if they provide all you need.  But remember it’s a NVMO network that could end up changing the actual network you use.