cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade in store but phone sent via post.

biddyb1989
Visitor

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone can help, I went in store to do a phone upgrade, I did all the paperwork then they told me that the phone would be sent out as they don't have stock in store, I asked the manager wether this would be covered by the 14 day cooling off period as I physically hadn't taken the phone. He confirmed this was correct and I would be able to cancel, I now need to do this and are being told because I upgraded in store I can't. Even though I didn't have the phone there and then.

2 REPLIES 2
Alex_M
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Hi @biddyb1989 

Unfortunately the someone told you wrong, there is no cooling off period for in-store purchases unless there is a coverage problem.

However, In-store returns are at the manager’s discretion. Maybe once you have the device, contact the store directly and ask to speak with the manager who promised you the 14 day cooling off period.

See this link.

What is the reason for wanting to return?

Thanks,
Alex

If I solved your issue, please click the solution button below!
 If you found my post useful, click the thumbs up button!
 To speak to EE, call 150 from your EE mobile or +44 800 079 8586 (freephone) or start a live chat.
Useful Links: My EE | Live Chat | Bills | Usage | Network Coverage Checker | Abroad | APN Settings | PM
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@biddyb1989 : The statutory 14-day cooling-off period applies how you ordered it not how you receive it. So it doesn't cover your order made instore.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)