cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unrecognised third party charges apple.com/bill

4lami
Visitor

My Son EE account is tie to mine, an when I got my bill for march 2024, I realise an additional bill of about £238, from apple, in tranches of about 17 charges ranging from £19.99, £9.99 and £2.99, making my total bill for the month £299.95, instead of £61.07,this charges was taken on my Son phone no, and my entire family member do not own any apple device or account, so I called EE to report this,and i was advised to call apple, I did and apple said the charged will be cancelled and returned, nothing has been done by apple till date, can anyone help me on what to do pls, I appreciate any suggestions right now.

1 REPLY 1
infinitywaiter
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I would definitely advise you to go back through your sons mobile phone and email records, to triple check that he has not actually brought anything from Apple.

If he has brought things that ended up with charges being added to the bill, then this will obviously be billed and charged as you have received.

Companies like Apple and Microsoft might let people get away the one time when parents complain about kids spending, however they won't do it more than once.

You should read the link below from Apple and triple check that your son is not actually buying things.

If you see "apple.com/bill" on your billing statement
Apple.com/bill will appear on your billing statement when you buy music, films, apps or other content from Apple. It will also appear when a subscription has been renewed and when a family member has bought apps or content from Apple.

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/108092#:~:text=If%20you%20see%20%22apple.com,apps%20or%20content%20f....

I would advise you to set your sons mobile up so that they can't spend without your permission.

https://ee.co.uk/help/cyber-security/getting-started/set-up-safe-manage-childs-phone

With regards to refunds, you can only wait for Apple to respond to you directly and refund you directly or not.

Finally, you should have a good read of the replies in this old post from the forum link below, as ultimately it is your responsibility for that mobile device and not EE, therefore if any purchases on your sons phone is actually agreed too by him, then you will be charged as the bill payer.

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Contracts-Billing/490-bill-from-my-sons-phone-I-have-a-block-on/td-p/1...

Especially if you've not setup your account correctly and your son can easily add EE extras like Apple Music to his mobile account, of which you will be charged monthly after the free trial ends, or he can simply buy from Apple and charge to his mobile bill, therefore making you liable.

Your son might have easily brought those through an Apple ID that he has created himself and without thinking about the costs adding up and therefore you've got charged as the bill payer, he then might have panicked when confronted with the actual costs involved and claimed it was nothing to do with him, however, if it happens again, be warned that Apple will not refund a second time and you yourself will still be liable, not EE.

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.