cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universal Credit

Dormouse63
Visitor

I am in receipt of Universal Credit and have just read a newspaper article regarding some mobile suppliers providing reduced tariffs for those on Universal, does this include EE?

8 REPLIES 8
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Dormouse63  You’ll have to speak with customer services about that.  

Alfs-13
Visitor

I phoned up about a week ago in regards too this and they said it’s not in stone yet but could be something they bring out in the future

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Are you sure you are not reading about some Broadband ISPs offering reduced social tariffs (of which EE is not 1)?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
kayh65
Visitor

Hi so does that mean that EE will  reduce the price of the broadband or keep the price low ? 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@kayh65 : No, it doesn't mean that at all. EE don't do social tariffs.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
EssexBoyEE
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

EE currently only do Social Tariffs for Mobile Customers, its part of the new EE Basics Plans.

For Social Tariffs on Broadband EE will currently refer you to the BT Home Essentials Plans.

Both of the above Plans follow the same Qualifying Benefits - 

Universal Credit, Pension Credit, Employment and Support Allowance, Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support

Buddy2016
Visitor

w long does it take to sort out plan when you are getting universal credit 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Buddy2016,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

What problems are you having with setting up your plan?

James