cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the "Add device to account" upgrade work as I think it does?

Benjamin3
Investigator
Investigator

I have a SIM Only plan right now, but i've been looking into getting a new phone and I saw the option to "Add this device to my account".

The way I have it as I think it works in my head goes as follows. I keep my current SIM plan, and simply add whatever phone I want to my plan, and pay the extra amount that comes with that phone on top of my current SIM Only plan. My SIM plan doesn't get cancelled and I don't need to pay off that SIM contract.

I know this may sound silly but I have quite literally never done anything like this before, so I just want to make sure that the idea in my head actually is what I think it is.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

No, it doesn't! It would be an entirely new line & no. with its own plan on top of your existing SIM-Only plan.

What you want is an upgrade to your existing SIM-Only contract where you would replace it with a new phone contract & plan on your existing no. provided you are currently eligible for an upgrade.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)