cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from business to personal account

77LE
Visitor

Hello, I left my place of work and boss agreed for my phone to stay on business account until the contract expired.   The contract expires at the end of this month.   I want to remain with EE but on a personal account (I am allowed to keep my number).   Should I request a PAC code even though I am staying with the same provider with the same number and just switching from business to personal?   Confused!

Thanks! 🙂 

3 REPLIES 3
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@77LE : You can't do anything with that contract as it's registered to a business. 

They need to call CS with both of you available on the line to effect a change of ownership. You will need to pass a credit check. You will then be paying for the  contract. If you can't do it together CS will give the current owner a password for you to quote when you call.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
FrancescaV1
Visitor

@XRaySpeX - does your answer apply even if the company is my own limited company, meaning I am its sole director and shareholder? I intend to wind it up. The mobile will stay with me, with its current number. All I need is:

a. To see whether there are better deals open for personal accounts and

b. To change the name on the bills (from the name of the company to my own personal name).

Can you help? Thank you, 

Francesca 

@77LE  if it’s your business, then you just need to call customer services and requested to be changed to a personal account.