Suing EE

Modescu
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I want to leave here my experience with this awful company. I've been a customer for 4 years. On the 11th October I decided to be a customer for 2 more years.

I renewed my contract with EE for another 24 months. On the 17th of October I decided that that was a bad call and wanted to cancel the agreement (which is mentioned in the contract, 14 days to cancel any contract with no extra payment) after I instructed EE 4 times, 2 times over the phone and 2 time via emailed I barley get any response or solving, delaying the procces another week. I was getting closer to the 14 days time period and EE we're just passing me from department to department looking surprised every time I repet the story.

They even sent an email saying the cancellation is processed and can take up to 48hrs.

Now, 1 month after this, they generated a bill of £425.00( cancellation fee I presume) after I insisted over a week for the contract to be cancel in the time grace of 14 days.

With the advice of my lawyer I will go forward to sue this awful company, not for the money, but for the misleading information and untrained customer service that put people in situations like this in this hard times which this country and the whole world is going thru. 

I find unacceptable that a network provider have this methods to put normal people in debt.

Please do not let this thieves go unpunished.

20 REPLIES 20
Kirigaya_Kazuto
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

I wish you the best of luck with your lawsuit in small claims court

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Courts don't look kindly on claims where no attempt is made to settle beforehand, esp. when there is a formal complaints procedure & Ombudsman available to you.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Attempts were made, are still in the procces of "looking into it" trust me, I know how to proceed with a suing procces.

And why is everybody trying to excuse them, are you even read the whole story?

Or are you and the guy from earlier EE employees!?

No! Who's excusing EE? I just gave you advice about general Court Procedure when you hadn't said you had made formal previous attempts.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
LenaMa
Contributor
Contributor

Can I have any update on this as I will have to probably do the same

LenaMa
Contributor
Contributor

If you still worth EE and having problem we can go together through proper lawsuit more than sure we will gather few more people as EE are just useless  and the damage they do into thousands pounds... I want back all the money they owe me and more for the damage and trouble they cost me

“Courts don't look kindly on claims where no attempt is made to settle beforehand, esp. when there is a formal complaints procedure & Ombudsman available to you”

……it would seem that you are on here and on other conversation to discourage people from taking legal action against ee.

a simple letter before action in accordance with pre court protocol will suffice,  I have yet to find a judge who is sympathetic to telecommunication company's and their employees who are wilfully and unlawfully extracting money from customers .

and so on and so forth.

@Jhd7 : Wrong! I'm all for taking legal action when justified. In your case I believe you are not for the simple reason you left it for so long. In your own thread I have never once try to dissuade you from taking legal action. That was some other "armchair solicitor" 😉 .

EDIT: Looking back I see I only contributed twice to your thread; once to point you at SAR'ing & the other out of utter boredom of the repetitious ding-dong between you & the aforementioned.

Actually I don't see how you can argue against that quoted statement of mine. It goes towards mitigation of your loss. It is an established precursor of further legal action.

There's no knowing whether a "letter before action" will suffice.

elora1
Visitor

any chance you can mail me details - i have a similar experience and want to take them to court.   they say i agreed to a 2 year contract when i did not.  they then said they would sent proof via voice recoding - this has been going on for ages - chased then and spoke to someone at ee on a call -  who said recordings are only kept for 3 months - so i could cancel the contract and pay to the end of the 2 years (which was your bill).  i said i don't want to cancel something i never signed up for they must refund all the money that is coming off my account as they have taken this illegally.    i am thinking i need to report this via trading standards as i cannot afford a lawyer.   so all advice appreciated.