cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returned trade in phone delayed & sitting at RM delivery office

Evescot
Investigator
Investigator

Returned my old iphone on Thursday last week - arrived at Crewe delivery office on Saturday, tracking says 'ready for delivery today'.  I didn't.  I thought just because it was Saturday - now today is Tuesday and it still says 'ready for delivery today'.

Called RM, no help, they insist the label might have peeled off.  No way, it was very securely applied. 

Contacted Likewize - no help.  They can see it's 'ready for delivery today' (I KNOW).  They will check it but if it's too late I have to ask EE - hence this post.

What will happen if it arrives after deadline (coming Friday)??  Will EE return it to me even if I have to pay the postage, will EE offer one off purchase price, having missed deadline therefore missed monthly bill reduction??  I hope you just don't keep it for no reason??

Totally regretting for trusting Royal mail service.  I wish I could bring it to the EE shop, which wasn't the option I believe. 

4 REPLIES 4
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @Evescot

Welcome to the EE Community. 

I am so sorry to hear this is happening. 

Have you spoke with our customer care team who have account access regarding this?

Has Royal Mail provided you with any further steps they can take if the parcel has been lost?

Katie 🙂

Hi - no I haven't contacted EE yet.  I thought Trade in process was assigned to Likewize.  I will if the situation is not going forward tomorrow.

RM only told me, as I stated, the label may be missed - I should claim lost if not delivered by 4th April.  I even don't know how much insurance EE put on this.  4th April is too late for the trade in deal.

I posted as I was directed well within time flame, I wasn't made aware I should have top up insurance on this package etc.  What have I done wrong please tell me.

I repeat, I wish I was given to bring the old iphone to the local EE shop.  It would have been much easier and remove transfer process risk from the customer.

Not happy customer here.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Evescot

I understand how frustrating this must be.

That's right this the trade in is done via Likewize, the reason for asking about our customer care team was to see if anything may have been noted on your EE account regarding this.

The terms for trade in via Likewize state 'Likewize shall not be liable to you for any loss arising in connection with the loss or damage to a Product or Products whilst in transit'.

I would recommend getting back in touch with Likewize if the tracker with Royal Mail has not updated by tomorrow. They will then also be able to provide you with answers to any questions you may have should this exceed the cut of date. 

If your device has not been received or the tracker updated, I would recommend following the claim process with Royal Mail for lost in transit.

Katie 🙂

All is lost.  I'm kicking myself not to pay for Guaranteed delivery & insured properly.  Nobody want to know, Likewise or EE or these community answering person.  Thank you for sympathy but I'm the one who lost in between.

If anybody reading this, make sure you are covered!!