cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing my device from a family plan

Renata30
Visitor

My current IPhone is on a family EE plan. I cannot contact the account holder to have my device removed. If possible I would like to remove my phone from the family plan and join a different family plan. How do I do this? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Renata30   You have to have the account holder call customer services to request a change of ownership and you need the other account holder to accept that change.   It’s best to have both account holders present when this is requested.  If that’s not possible a code will be given and that code has to be given to the new account holder so they can then call customer services and give that code.     

There is no other way to do this as only the account holder can request the change.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Renata30   You have to have the account holder call customer services to request a change of ownership and you need the other account holder to accept that change.   It’s best to have both account holders present when this is requested.  If that’s not possible a code will be given and that code has to be given to the new account holder so they can then call customer services and give that code.     

There is no other way to do this as only the account holder can request the change.  

bristolian
Legend
Legend

It's the account holder who is responsible for your phone, so you can only effect a change of ownership or disconnection request with their consent.

Out of interest, what's the reason for not being able to contact them?