Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Change direct debit details

Joppadoni
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I set up a DD a week or so ago. I asked for the 28th of each month and all went through.

I have now received my next bill and the DD is the 15th of each month, in line with my billing date.

The problem is the upfront service charge is not pro-rata to the new billing date created by the DD request date.

This means when a new invoice is produced it will be pro-rata OR, and much much more likely, the new date(s) has never actually been taken in to account and setting up the direct debit for the date i want has not been actuated at all.

As you can only change the DD once per month i am no longer able to to correct this. Any ideas how i can get the new DD payment method to debit my account WHEN i have requested it to?

Or does anyone know what will happen with my DD going forward?

Original dates, No DD in place Bill date 7th of each month.

Requested DD, 28th of each month meaning a new bill date of 14th of each month. A pro-rata invoice on the 7th of April with a pro-rata upfront service charge comprising of 7 days.

Following invoice on the 14th April with full upfront service charge.

Any assistance as to how this could be achieved is very much appreciated. Cheers.

4 REPLIES 4
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Joppadoni , you will have to ring customer service and speak to them, as this is account related and no account access here.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Joppadoni : Is this for Home Broadband?

What do you mean by an upfront service charge? Is it your monthly advance fee?

If your billing date is now the 14th of month then your DD date is 28th of month as you want. It seem to me that these 2 bills you've had correctly fit in with that. The bill of the 7th April (your old billing date) is just an interim bill for 7 days to bring it in line with the new billing date.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Hi,

Ty For the reply.

It’s for mobile.

Upfront service charge is simply the plan costs you get billed each month.

Had my DD be set up as requested this invoice would have had a shorter billing period whilst it adjusted to the new DD.

It didn’t though. Meaning what I detailed occurred. ☹

Kind regards

Steve.

Sent from Mail<> for Windows

The 7th April bill does have a shorter billing period, namely 7 days, so as to line up with the new billing date of 14th April. The 14th April is for a full month taking you to your next bill of 14th May.

You will not be charged twice for the same day. Look at the date range covered by each bill & you will find no overlap.

Sorry, I guessed BB as I thought DD were taken 7 days after bill date for mobiles.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)