cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cancellation of contract during cooling-off period

IvyL
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I completed the cooling off period form two days after purchase. I have today received an unpleasant and bullying letter threatening me with debt collectors. Sadly, this seems up to par for the thugs at EE

10 REPLIES 10
IvyL
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Okay. This has now been resolved at no cost to me. Again, spent some time on the phone with a very pleasant lady who investigated and promise to call me back later, within a certain time frame.

She did - and had arranged for the EE demand to be cleared and the debt cancelled completely.

I am grateful to the people on here who patiently helped me and would like to make two observations.

Firstly, although I must have spent 7 or 8 hours in total on the bloody phone with EE people, they were always very polite, calm and patient (including the one that managed to sell me a contract that I didn't want).

And, B, I think the 'reminder' letters sent out by EE, (presumably pro forma), are aggressive, unpleasant and threatening and would certainly be frightening for some of our more vulnerable members of society. This is cruel and EE needs to take a good look at this.

And another thing. EE needs to sort out its online pages/websites/portals. They are truly awful to navigate.