cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No idea when EE will sort it out?

Bricky20
Contributor
Contributor

I cancelled my Mobile contract with EE less than a few days after receiving the phone and obviously is well within the 14 day cooling off period etc. However they received the phone on the 27th December (no thanks to the incompetence of Royal Mail and their lack of control over the company) and I am aware that they have up to 14 days to process a refund after receiving the phone. It hasn't been 14 days yet but I have since had 2 attempts of almost £170 by EE via DD which they have told me will happen until it's sorted out at their end but it annoys me more because I'm due to be paid soon so they will end up owing me more that what they currently do. I'm due to get a refund of £140 which is for the initial payment I made just to get the device but I haven't even had a single notification or reassurance that it's being handled and I'm just left hoping that they will actually do something within the 14 day allowance. I am due to be paid soon and the only reason the near £170 DD payment attempts haven't been processed/allowed is due to my account balance being below the amount they are trying to take but with an upcoming payment I'm worried I'll be even more out of pocket by the time they get it sorted. It's honestly just put me off ever trying to get back with EE ever again because they are so slow to give money that is due but are fast and persistent when they want money from you.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FIZZYLP
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello @Bricky20 

All companies that use Direct Debt have to follow the Direct Debt agreement agreed by all parties this includes reversing payments.

the amount due would be requested before payment date ready to be paid on the agreed date, direct debt will then attempt to take the payment on 3 separate occasions, if unsuccessful it’ll bounce causing late payment charges etc etc.

If you’ve returned the device back via Royal Mail can you track it to see if EE have received it?

Not yet been 6 working days since 27th but around Thursday 11th your account should be terminated with a final bill issued around 22nd this will display any credit which is owed to yourself then payment will be received within 5 working days of the final bill estimated to be around 29th.

For more information or for exact dates please reach out to EE Mobile Billing.

Hope this helps!  If you like my reply and want to say thanks for the helpful answer then please click on the Kudos on left hand side  also if I answers your question correctly please let us know by clicking on Mark as Accepted Solution 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
FIZZYLP
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello @Bricky20 

All companies that use Direct Debt have to follow the Direct Debt agreement agreed by all parties this includes reversing payments.

the amount due would be requested before payment date ready to be paid on the agreed date, direct debt will then attempt to take the payment on 3 separate occasions, if unsuccessful it’ll bounce causing late payment charges etc etc.

If you’ve returned the device back via Royal Mail can you track it to see if EE have received it?

Not yet been 6 working days since 27th but around Thursday 11th your account should be terminated with a final bill issued around 22nd this will display any credit which is owed to yourself then payment will be received within 5 working days of the final bill estimated to be around 29th.

For more information or for exact dates please reach out to EE Mobile Billing.

Hope this helps!  If you like my reply and want to say thanks for the helpful answer then please click on the Kudos on left hand side  also if I answers your question correctly please let us know by clicking on Mark as Accepted Solution 

Thank you for your help. You definitely gave me more information and clarity than what I got from EE customer services. I'm more annoyed at how long it's going to take them to actually give me money back but I guess I shouldn't have expected any more from EE, especially after what happened to me last time that made me take a break from them. But again, thank you.

FIZZYLP
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I understand the frustration but it’s important to note it’s not EE direct debts are controlled especially from your bank and providers such as EE.

The time frames are standard across all companies that use Direct Debts and EE have no control over that as outlined in the DD agreement.

The payment is requested by the provider ie EE 5 days before then DD will attempt the payment on the agreed dates then up to 72 hours afterwards if bouncing, the DD Charge is issued by DD then late payment charges issued by EE.

As frustrating as it is this will happen no if it’s a Hello Fresh Box, Car Loan or Broadband.

But nevertheless I’m glad you found my post helpful, all this information is available in your contract and on EE Website.