Missold

Robbo599
Investigator
Investigator

Missold a contract. My iPhone 12 Pro Max went dead before my contract expired. I went to EE store in Plymouth. I was told it was probably unfixable and would need another contract. So I took one out. They didn’t tell me that if I went to the Apple shop they would fix it or give me a new phone!! They omitted to tell me I was fully covered with Apple care which they sold me. ( did I miss buy this) They just wanted to sell another contract. I nearly threw the faulty phone away but called in Apple shop on my way out of the mall. They said they couldn’t fix it and gave me a new phone!!  I went back to the EE store but the manager was like a clone constantly repeating: “You were not Missold,you signed the contract” over and over!! I sent a letter by recorded delivery to EE. Had no reply. I am now considering court action as I feel I was totally misled by the EE sales person. My phone was covered and still in contract so why did they ignore this fact? I now have a new iPhone 12 replaced by Apple and a new iPhone 14 on contract that I didn’t want or need. Why am I in this situation? I want this issue resolved but am getting nowhere. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Robbo599

Welcome to the EE Community. 

Did your phone get sent off to our repair centre to be told it was unfixable?

Speak soon, 

Katie

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Katie_B

Hello @Robbo599

Welcome to the EE Community. 

Did your phone get sent off to our repair centre to be told it was unfixable?

Speak soon, 

Katie

No. They said it was unfixable.
Katie_B

Thanks for confirming @Robbo599

Have you been able to speak with our customer care team on 150?

Katie

Contacted customer service on 150 was misinformed and got nowhere.

Katie_B

Hi @Robbo599

I have sent you a private message for more details. 

Katie

@Robbo599  If you had Apple Care + then you was paying EE for insurance on that device.  You don’t get get Apple care+ for nothing.    

Robbo599
Investigator
Investigator

Why was I sold a new contract if there was no need? They omitted to tell me my phone would be fixed or replaced. They just wanted to keep me in the dark and sell a new contract. This is misselling which ever way you look at it.!