cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make a claim for an overpayment

Ruth2004
Visitor

Dear EE

My contract finished in September 2021 and I have been paying a monthly amount of approximately £18.91 until April 2022. 

I have paid the following amounts:

03.09.2021 £18.91

04.10.2021 £18.91

03.11.2021 £18.91

06.12.2021 £18.91

04.01.2022 £18.91

03.02.2022 £21.01

07.03.2022 £21.01

04.04 2022 £21.01

These amount have been taken from my current account and I would like to have the total amount refunded please. I no longer have this contract and EE should not have continued to take this money. The client spoke to EE and was informed that the client should have stopped the direct debit herself. Unfortunately the client was not aware that she needed to do this. She assumed that the payments would cease when the contract finished. 

The total amount owed is £157.58. I am in great need of this money as I am suffering financial hardship.

Please note I am being supported by Wandsworth Citizens Advice Bureau. You can contact them at advisers@cawandsworth.org

2 REPLIES 2
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ruth2004  Contracts don’t just finished on the minimum term date they change to a 30 day rolling contract until you call to terminate   It’s in the contract that was agreed too. 

You might want to read THIS 

if you go through the link provided you’ll find this. 

How do I cancel my contract without switching provider?

If you're not switching to another provider, you can request a standard disconnection.

You'll be required to provide at least 30 days notice, even if the minimum term of your contract has ended, during which time we'll continue to provide you with our service.

At the end of the notice period, we'll terminate your number and stop billing you. You'll be charged for our service for the 30 days from the date of your cancellation request and this charge will show on your final bill as the Remaining Contract Charge.

You wouldn’t want to be just cut off if you wasn’t aware that the contract had reached its minimum term date especially if you was out of the UK.  

Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Ruth2004 , this is not customer service, but a public forum and there are no account access here, anything like this you would have to discuss with them, but I am not sure you will get your money refunded, as it is up to you to keep an eye on your account, what is going out from your bank, as much as what is going in to your bank, just to add to what @Chris_B  has written.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.