cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing a customer after 20 years

JacobT
Explorer

I'm not one to usually use forums, but there's always a first!

After 20 years of being with EE (Orange prior) I have finally had to move my mobile contract away from EE due to the grossly uncompetitive rates being offered by Sales representatives, who by the way, sound extremely depressed when you talk to them on the phone citing the same daily conversations with unsatisfied customers. In fact one person told me they can offer a better deal to a new customer, 20 years down the drain it seems without a thought?

I understand that EE is "the best network", but honestly, is the occasional spot of better signal and a free voicemail worth £300-400 a year? Absolutely not! 

I can only come to the conclusion that EE are trying to cut volume to improve margin. But it's not going to work with the cost of living going up, people will simply move. I'm not short of money, far from it, but I'm not going to pay for a "premium service" that simply isn't premium. 

I'm sure EE will be back with new groundbreaking deals in the future once they lose a huge swathe of contracts, but until then i'll be taking my business elsewhere.

Best of luck to the rest of you! Please get in touch if you want to split a £120 referral from Affordable mobiles 🙂

Jacob

6 REPLIES 6
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JacobT

Welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear that you're leaving, especially after such a long time with us. Our upgrades team will offer you the best deals available to them and they're all browsable through the online upgrade shop.

Thank you for being with us this last 20 years, I hope we see you back as a customer again in future.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Sounds like the management team need to think about providing better deals to the upgrades team to stay market competitive. No point in being the "best" "premium" unused network.

bristolian
Legend
Legend

@JacobT wrote:

I understand that EE is "the best network", but honestly, is the occasional spot of better signal and a free voicemail worth £300-400 a year?

I don't think free voicemail is part of EE's sales pitch. The amount of savings possible by using a cheaper provider will vary between users.

The gulf between networks will also vary between different parts of the country.

wishiwaslucky
Visitor

I have been offered two different deals , one from someone in the call center and one from someone working from home. I was told on Friday the ones in the office have more deals.  I want to stay with EE, got offered an ok price however the data very tight. EE aren't flexi with data allowance in deals it's 5gb or 25gb.  I was told i can pay for more each month if i need to £5.96 1 gb. I'm looking for a deal I don't need to worry but I don't need loads of data, maybe 8/10gb to make sure I don't go over.   I've got my pac code now but you'd expect retentions to call to keep my business but they haven't. Seems to me EE don't care about losing customers and are happy that we leave and go elsewhere.

Colbo1
Visitor

Hi Jacob

My wife has just left EE after 13 years for all the same reasons you stated above. Again I’m new to  Forums myself, However i felt i had to comment too as i feel EE are treating their Customers with little to no loyalty or ever a level of respect. 
On three separate occasions She was told a manager would call her back and Nobody did.

The Prices with EE are astronomical when  comparable to all other Network providers,  Not Only was they very little effort made on EE’s part to retain her as a customer with any comparable offer to remotely match other providers, She was met with calls cutting of and or nobody calling back when they stated they would.. ‘shocking’.

The EE pricing is ludicrous even for New Customers,   I have just placed an order with THREE  

Apple iPhone 15 Pro Max :   £65 Upfront,  150GB Data, Unlimited calls & Text  36 Months,      
  £43 PM      ( Total 3 Year cost inclusive of Sim £1,548  ).

EE are trying to Charge People £68.48 for the same   ( Total 3 Year cost inclusive of Sim £2,465 ) 

A Massive £917 More than I’m getting with Three. 
   £917.00 More from a provider that does even call back when they say they will, then have to go through the same thing of phoning and waiting ages to speak to someone to repeat everything you have all ready said Over and Over.. 

Think EE needs to rethink its business strategy. 

@Colbo1   That’s 3 years to pay off the device and 2 years for the air time contract.