cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to unlink mobile from account?

Jh117
Investigator
Investigator

When setting up my pay monthly contract it was done through a work discount scheme. It’s paid direct from my bank though and has no ties with work. I would to like unlink my mobile from my work email ee account and link it to my personal ee account. Is there a way to do this?

7 REPLIES 7
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jh117

Welcome to the community. 

Are you the account holder?

Is it your work email that is set up for your EE account?

Speak soon, 

Katie

Hello Katie,

Thank you, yes I am the account holder, and it is my work email that is set up for the EE account. I have another EE account set up with my own personal email purely to have my phone linked to it, however when trying to link the phone it just informs me that it’s already linked to the work email account. 

many thanks

Katie_B

Thanks for getting back to us @Jh117

I would recommend giving us a call so our customer care team can look into moving your numbers to one billing account. 

You are unable to set up multiple EE accounts with one email address. 

Katie

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jh117 : Only if your employer releases ownership to you.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

There's two ways that "account" can be interpreted here.

I'm reading this post that the OP has two separate billing accounts, each in their name, and they want to combine them on their myEE online account. If so, I suspect merging the two billing accounts is the way to go - by transferring the numbers on the donor account into the new master.

Or are they saying that they have two phones, and only one is in their name? In which case this is change of legal ownership which requires the consent of the current account holder.

I suspect the former, but some replies seem to be answering the latter. Just worth clarifying.

Jh117
Investigator
Investigator

Hi all, just to update, it was only the one phone but when setting up the pay monthly contract I had to use my work email, since receiving the phone I set up an account with my personal email as the phone in question is not for work use. I called through the customer care support via the app and they have managed to now link the phone to my personal email so I can now view how much data I have etc. without having to log in via the work email. So all sorted, thank you all for your responses and suggestions, much appreciated.

Christopher_G

Thank you for coming back to let us know, @Jh117. Glad you're sorted. 🙂

Chris