cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel after 3 weeks

Dominonoodler
Investigator
Investigator

I recently purchased a phone and contract with ee as a new customer and I'm really really disappointed. The phone doesn't hold charge, I can never get it above about 75% and then it sheds really quickly. The network connection is sketchy too, and I was a bit shocked to see that they are now charging for data roaming in Europe when one of the main reasons I went with ee was because they didn't. I'm going to have to return the phone and cancel the contract, can anyone give me any advice on this please?

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Dominonoodler : You have now surpassed any cooling-off you might have had. So you're now gonna have to rely on "fitness for purpose" under the Consumer Rights Act if you are avoid paying off the rest of your contract, if indeed you have a contract.

You say you bought a contract & that EE are now charging for data roaming in Europe. But EE has been charging contract users for EU roaming since 2021. It's only for PAYG users that EE has recently started to charge for EU roaming. You sure you haven't bought a PAYG phone?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Dominonoodler
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, thanks for replying. It's definitely not payg. I think perhaps what confused me was when searching data roaming on ee the search results come up as follows:

EE
https://ee.co.uk › help › help-new
Roaming Costs | Help
Make sure you're device is set up to roam by texting ROAMING to 150 (it's free) · Turn on data roaming in your device settings. 

I should have suspected something based on the grammar. Wasn't entirely comfortable with the whole process to be honest but I've given it a fair shot. I'd probably suck it up, the charges and sketchy connection, if the phone was actually decent. But it's brand new and not working properly, and I'm paying £35 per month for it 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Dominonoodler,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Does your phone reach 100% charge if you leave it connected to the charger overnight?

Does the Network Status Checker report any problems in your area?

Have you activated WiFi Calling in your phone's settings?

James

Hi James

No the phone never reaches 100%. I've had many phones over many years (including refurbished ones) and this the first one I've had from new that doesn't work properly. 

No there aren't any connectivity or network issues in my area. Not sure how the WiFi calling question is relevant, that's not something I use.

I really think there is something wrong with the phone. It won't fully charge, the screen keeps blinking or shutting off, and trying to browse or shop online is actually impossible now, it's getting progressively worse.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

OK, thanks for answering our questions, @Dominonoodler 

I think you should speak to our technical support team so they can run through some tests with you.

Chris