cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exceeded spend limit SIM only

name_not_import
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I wanted to leave EE and request a PAC. EE called me after it was sent to me to see if there were any offers/discounts they could offer to retain me.

Offer made, I accepted. Here’s where the problems starts. Each time they try to put the offer through their system they call me back 20 mins later to say offer will not go through as system say I have exceeded spend limit and I must speak to customer service.

customer service have looked at my account and cannot see any issues, when I call back the next person seems to think it’s resolved, pushes me to take a new deal but end up going round in circles as the process repeats itself.

i have multiple lines which are all sim only. Non have exceeded the plans allowances and have been customer with EE for about 5 years. My account is up to date and never been late on monthly bill. CS also reiterated my account is in good standing.

It seems no one at EE knows what the issue is, wanted to see if anyone has experienced this issue and how to go about fixing it so I can relay this back to EE?

11 REPLIES 11

That’s the thing, I don’t believe it has been resolved as I’ve done trying to complete three times now. Each person I speak to is totally oblivious to the issue and even more difficult as it’s the sales/upgrades/retentions that are getting this error but when customer services glance at my account they do not see the error as they are not performing same actions as the former team and assume that seeing as my account looks fine and assumed it has been fixed.

Sales/upgrade/retentions probably cannot see the issue until after I’ve digitally signed the contract and left the call. 

whatever the issue is, there seems to be something some issue that is buried deep in the system and not being presented to whichever agent is accessing my account until it throws up an error. The error also does not make any sense as relating to a spend limit whereas I’m trying to get a cheaper sim only deal than the one I’m currently on!

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back to me @name_not_import 

If the team are unable to complete the order this may need a support ticket to be raised to the support team who can check the account in details and get this resolved for you. 

I would suggest calling us again and getting this looked into in more detail with the sales team who can raise this if needed. 

Please keep us updated with how you get on 🙂

Leanne.