cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Early upgrade

mickeymickeyg
Investigator
Investigator

Hi. EE Apps been telling me for awhile noe thst I'm eligible for an early upgrade. I upgraded today (with the help of live chat). Once I approved my new contract the person helping me then mentioned that my new contract won't be activated until my current contract expires!

What's the point of pushing an early upgrade on me if the upgrade doesn't come into effect until my existing contract expires. It makes no sense and is very misleading.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Thanks, @mickeymickeyg 

I've had a look into this and can confirm that when you're upgrading early from a phone contract to SIM only, the changes take effect when the current phone contract ends.

Sorry for any confusion.

Chris

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Christopher_G

Hi @mickeymickeyg 

Welcome to the community.

When you do an early upgrade, the contract dates change immediately and your order is processed. You should get some messages from us when the phone is dispatched (if you ordered a phone). You'll then be able to see the changes in your My EE account.
Chris

Hi Chris

Thanks for getting back to me. My new contract is a SIMO contract.

Thanks 

Michael

Christopher_G

Ah, OK, thanks @mickeymickeyg 

So you're upgrading from a phone contract to SIM only. Is that right?

Chris

Yes that's correct.

Christopher_G

Thanks, @mickeymickeyg 

I've had a look into this and can confirm that when you're upgrading early from a phone contract to SIM only, the changes take effect when the current phone contract ends.

Sorry for any confusion.

Chris