cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE has wrongfully charged me and are ignoring me

RobS7
Investigator
Investigator

I started a contract with EE for a data sim, I cancelled this within 14 days and was told over the phone that I would not be charged anymore as it was within the 14 days, on the same call I entered into a new contract for broadband which is what I wanted and has worked fine ever since, however, I have now been charged for 24 months for the originally contract that was cancelled, after multiple calls and chats I was told I shouldn't have been charged but I'm still yet to hear back on when I was be refunded.

I'm left now with few options that don't involve seeking legal advice.

7 REPLIES 7
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@RobS7   How long ago was you told you’ll be refunded?   

Hi Chris, it was about 6 days ago, an agent told me I shouldn't have been charged and that they'd contact my via email today, I've had no email. Same day I rang by phone and told them the situation and they said they'd call me Sunday and they never did.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @RobS7 

I am very sorry to hear this, to get the refund looked into please get back in touch with our mobile care team. They will have access to the account and be happy to help you get this sorted. 

Thanks. 

Leanne.

Thankyou but I'm afraid I've already done this 3 or 4 times, once the call or chat has ended it seems like its back to square on because nothing is followed up, I'm waiting to escalate this because unfortunate no agents have followed up on what they've said they would.

Leanne_T

I am very sorry to hear this @RobS7 

You can find ways to log a complaint in our Complaints code of practice, Help page. 

Hope you get this sorted soon. 

Leanne.

Unfortunately not, about 5 times now I contact the help centre, the agent will say they will follow up and contact me and then nothing. It seems the only way to get through u by talking to someone with accountability, I'm still a customer and am being treated like this, it's unreal.

Katie_B

Hi @RobS7

I have sent you a private message for more details. 

Speak soon, 

Katie