cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Smart Benefit Added As New Telecoms Debt On My Credit Score (Twice)

EE2022C
Contributor
Contributor

Is this normal?

So I've had a nightmare setting up my smart benefit with EE, I've tried numerous times to setup Amazon Prime with no joy. On 25th December 2021 I tried to setup the BTSport benefit with no luck, I gave up because I had joy previously setting up the Amazon Prime Smart Benefit on numerous occasions.

So on the 20th January 2022 I contacted EE live chat for help (frankly this seems to be when things have become worse)

Chat support tried 3 times to get it to work asking me for a BT Pin number via email without any joy, I was told that a complain had been raised with EE and they would be in touch within 24 hours, 30 minutes later I received a text from EE stating the complaint had been closed. Nothing was resolved? 

I've come to understand the issue I'm having with the BT Smart benefit is that I'm not getting the confirmation email from BT to confirm the account, so although I'm getting a BT Sports ID, I didn't receive the confirmation email which means the account hasn't been actually created.

So I try signing up again with a different email address, same issue again, no confirmation email arrives to confirm the account.

So February arrives and I get a notification that a telecoms account has been added to my account, its BT with a debt of £196!!!! 

Is this normal? This is supposed to be a seemless addition of my EE package, not another account/debt added to my credit score?? I can see from the account number that this is from the BT Sports Smart benefit I tried to add on the 25th Decemeber, but this account doesn't exist! 

It gets worse 

Today I get another notification from my credit score telling me another telecom account has been added to my account (I'm assuming this is my 2nd attempt at signing up for BT Sport Smart benefit) and its even worse this time because I don't even know the BT account number for this because I didn't receive any confirmation email or email confirming anything!

So now I've got (2) BT debts attached to my credit score and I don't have even 1 working EE Smart benefit.

If anyone can offer any info on how or why this has happened and how I can get this resolved I'd really appreciate it

February BT Account added to my credit scoreFebruary BT Account added to my credit scoreImpending March BT Account added to my credit scoreImpending March BT Account added to my credit scoreLive Support no help 20th JanuaryLive Support no help 20th JanuaryIssue/Complaint Closed 30 Minutes LaterIssue/Complaint Closed 30 Minutes Later

11 REPLIES 11

Chris I'll absolutely have no problem showing them the evidence of the 7 plus hours of my time that have been spent on this issue. Funny how when I gave the details to BT it was resolved in 2 phone calls totalling 14 minutes and the second phone call was confirmation that it was resolved after it was escalated internally.

I've been offered help, please! I've been offered more of the exact same, if you'd like to waste more of your time you're very welcome for us to call you, take you through security and you can speak to someone entirely new with a different title and spend even more time talking in circles about all the details that have been posted in this thread, we'll pretend to care, won't admit liability even though its obvious beyond doubt its happened on our end but no no Chris you're right I'm refusing the "help" 

It's OK because I know the next reply because I've said it a hundred times myself over the years from angry customers when I worked for the bank, it's EEs policy that if you want to escalate a complaint you need to go through security and speak to someone one the phone, you can't escalate a complaint via email because that would be easy and direct, we insist on the phone calls because they take up a lot of time and that's good because a lot of the time once we place you on hold with some crap music for 20 minutes plus the hope is you'll just give up and that helps discourage customers from making escalated complains but remember customer service is so important to us!

I've already had a 49 minutes phone call on Sunday where I've outlined the nothingness of 49 minutes and that was after I sent a PM before the phone call outlining my hope of being offered a solution.

‐-------------------------------------------

Right this turned into a rant, that's what frustration feels like.

The reality is complaints are a waste of time, I MIGHT get a goodwill gesture after spending another undetermined amount of time on the phone but that's a maybe.

@EE2022C  But you have time for long a winded post on this forum which could be spent probably just calling customer services and get this resolved.   Or you could just use THIS via a Google search help only comes to those that help themselves.