cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Price hike Robbery

Phil071
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

So just got my latest letter from EE stating that my account will increase by a whopping £3.19 pm in line with inflation. This is absolutely disgusting as my own earnings don't even go up that much! They say it's based on CPI but any responsible company that wants to retain the loyalty of their customer base would waive this. So unlike me who they have over a barrel, if you are near the end of your contract then show how disgusted you are with these robbery merchants by walking away immediately. They are an absolute disgrace in times of a recession!!!! 

33 REPLIES 33
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Phil071 

The rise is part of your contract and part of your terms and conditions you agreed to when you took out the service. The same situation for most services you will have with other companies. 

Information on the CPI rise can be found here;

https://ee.co.uk/help/billing-payments/guide-to-bill/price-increase

If you cannot afford your bill read here;

https://ee.co.uk/help/billing-payments/financial-support/i-cant-pay-my-bill

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Schockwave
Community Hero
Community Hero

@Phil071 , all networks do this, Martin Lewis said this on his program on ITV about it, and this happens every year, and as @Northerner  has pointed out, this was in your contract when you joined EE.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
Phil071
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Hi Mark, yes am well aware of that but if you read my item properly by EE
taking a stance on this robbery inflation tax then they would retain more
customers and add more. After all it is a stealth tax and don't need to do
this as they are overcharging customers and making a pretty penny on their
poor clientele. Maybe you have enough money to pay extra but most dont

Phil
Phil071
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Yes I am well aware of this but read my post properly

Phil

Hi @Phil071  Ok then EE waiver these charges.

Who pays for the EE staff, buildings, vehicles, free equipment, website, utilities, network expansion....etc..etc.

Costs rise simple simple as. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Phil071
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
We do! But when people leave say goodbye to all you said!

Phil
Tinytrouble
Explorer

Based on CPI plus 3.9% so 7.9% all in.....total disgrace and an absolute rip off, no-ones wages are increasing by 8%, let alone all the other price increases.  Absolutely disgraceful......

@Tinytrouble   What you are paid has nothing to do with EE and I never know why people mention that.   You did however agree to the contract and the terms set out in that contract. So on that basis alone you knew that there was a yearly price increase of CPI +3.9%.   The CPI figure is from December and that’s published mid January so even before you found out how much it’ll be  can work out what it’ll be.  

What’s the point of the contract between yourself and EE ?  

It has everything to do with it, obviously if prices increase more than my increase it's another squeeze on my end...as you clearly work for them you agree with this....other's don't.

Luckily my contract is due to end in April so I am free to get a better deal elsewhere.