cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Account Ineligible for new line after buying Apple Watch

TheSamurai
Visitor

Hi All,

So I've been with EE since roughly July 2018; at first with pay as you go and later as a pay monthly sim only contract. This year with all that's been going on with rising costs etc I've missed a few payment deadlines however I've always paid the actual bills within days. Not ideal I know but we make do with what we have. 

Anyway, as a Christmas present to myself for the hard work and progression I've accomplished this year I bought myself an Apple Watch SE with Cellular and was setting it up through my phone (iPhone 12 but not sure it makes a difference here) and was told my account was ineligible for a new line, to call 150 with an error code which I did and spoke to someone in support. I explained what I was looking for and was told that the only way to purchase a new line for the watch is to pay bills on time for three months which won't be a problem I just don't really want to wait three months just to get the full use from my watch. 

Thinking about going instore to see if anyone there can assist? I've been with EE a while now and I don't really want to change but it defeats the point of spending extra money on a watch with cellular if I can't use it. 

1 REPLY 1
Northerner
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Hi @TheSamurai 

Not sure what you are looking for. Ultimately you need to prove to EE you are a responsible financially before they will offer you credit by way of a new line. 

At least EE are giving you the option which means you need to pay your bill on time. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.