cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do EE Price Match ?

JamieBee
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I am looking to upgrade shortly (when I’m 45 days from the end of my contract) to the iPhone 11. Sky Mobile are doing it for £32pm with no upfront cost. The EE deals are much higher than this. I wondered if anyone had experience of EE matching other deals or do I just order the new phone and leave ? Thanks 

11 REPLIES 11
tahirmian
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @JamieBee 

It is always best to call on 150 to talk about available tariff. Dedicated team can look at it for you.

Thanks 

greenbadger
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Bear in mind that sky’s contracts are typically over 36 months with an option to swap the handset after 24 months. EE’s contracts are typically over 24 months with an option to swap after 12 months or even earlier if you pay an upgrade fee

Thanks. Yes I’ve just noticed that and have been reading how Swap24 actually works. Not so sure now. So I can change my phone after 2 years with no charge or upfront cost and have to give the phone back to them. Alternatively, if I don’t want to change, I am tied paying the monthly payment for 36 months. 

I also read I had the option to pay a lump sum off the new contract to bring the term down which in turn could potentially bring it down to a 2 year contract roughly. 

Sky separate the cost of their devices from the airtime in a similar way to how O2 do so yeah you can clear the cost of the device (£26 per month goes towards the device and £6 per month on the airtime) which would then leave you free to terminate the sim at any time without needing to return the device like you would if you took advantage of the swap after 2 years.

It’s also possible that you could get more by selling the phone when it came to upgrade than it would cost you to clear the airtime plan as opposed to swapping so that’s something to consider too.

As far as comparing EE’s prices to Sky goes you’d be better comparing swap 12 with EE upgrade anytime as they are more comparable tariffs than swap 24 is

Thanks for your help. Yes the Sky deal doesn’t look as good as I first thought so I think I’ll look elsewhere. It seems the kind of deal that once you sign up, you’ll be with them long-term which is obviously what they want. I don’t really like the uncertainty of what they will give you for the handset when you send it back and disputes over the condition of it either. 

huytonhillside
Visitor

hi,just change the 24 months to 12 months to get a true cost

@huytonhillside  You are aware that this thread is 11 months old now.  

Still can we have a straight up yes or no please? Thanks

@Sacrifyce - Still can we have a straight up yes or no please? Thanks

No