cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled contract within cooling off period but EE still chasing me for money.

Betsytheo58
Investigator
Investigator

I cancelled EE within cooling off period. 

1. I returned kit and have proof of postage - chasing me to return.

2. Chasing me for payment of broadband. 

I have tried to speak to customer services but everything I tried led me to a dead end. I am very glad I cancelled!!!

Help!! How can I solve this?!

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You did order by phone or online? There is no cooling-off period for instore orders.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
I ordered by phone and was mis-sold.

I cancelled within 24 hours of installation.
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Betsytheo58 

Thanks for posting on the community. 

I am sorry to hear you have cancelled the order with us, can I check what date did you return the router? 

Were you transferred from BT or was this a new EE broadband account? 

Leanne.

Hello Leanne

Thank you for your welcome email.

1. Router, remote was returned via Post Office on 27 February. The barcode reference is XE479477254GB

2. Kit was installed on Friday 2 February.

3. It was immediately apparent that I had been mis-sold. I contacted EE on Monday 5 February and cancelled my contract.

4. I was with Virgin Media and I decided to switch to EE. I have returned to Virgin Media.

I shall look forward to hearing from you.

Susan
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for confirming @Betsytheo58.

Are you able to track your return to see if this has been signed for at our warehouse?

Katie