cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled Essential sim 1gb £15

Jayhughes160
Investigator
Investigator

I was mis sold an Essential Sim 1gb £15, when I took out a new contract for the Samsung 23 ultra all rounder deal (£82pcm minus trade in) i was told i did not meet the "Freshhold for credit" and to proceed with the contract i had to take out an additional line (Essential sim 1gb £15pcm) i was charged £30 for the phone contract and £30 for the "unwanted sim" i was told i would recieve a refund in 3-5 working days from the 18th February. After waiting 13 days for the phone to arrive. I cancelled the Essential sim. I was advised that this Essential sim would be cancelled and I would recieve an email with in 72 hours. No such email has arrived, the unwanted line is still on my account, no refund has been giving and to top it off I could not use the phone untill day 15 because the sim card was not activated. I've paid my first monthly bill on 2nd march. I'm currently in finland untill 11th March 

5 REPLIES 5
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Jayhughes160 

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear that you've had these problems.

Where did you take the contract out originally? Was it in the EE store or over the phone? 

Chris

Hi Cristopher. All of this was done over the phone, I have made several calls to, locate my phone. 1st phone was stuck/lost/stolen in hinkly dpd sorting office on the 18th feb and is still there, replacement phone was delivered on the 3rd of March leaving me 1 day to send my old phone for discount trade in on contract as i was flying to finland on the 4th march. I was told my sim card would be activated in 24 hours it wasnt (it finally is now) in the same call on the 3rd of March I cancelled the Essential sim. Its still active on my account, no email to tell me to destroy it. I was told this would be done within 72 hours. I do not want to be stuck with a line I was miss sold. I've paid for a full month so far for my contract phone and couldn't use any of your services that I have paid for, for 15 days! I would like to be compensated for the 15 days I could not use the phone, the refund I was promised 3-5 working days after the 18th feb and now for a line I have requested to be cancelled with in your 14 day cancellation policy 

Leanne_T

Hi there @Jayhughes160 

I am sorry to hear this has happened. 

To discuss the refund and the credits for being unable to use the phone, you would need to get in touch with our mobile care team. They will be happy to help you get this resolved. 

Thanks. 

Leanne.

What a surprise! SIM CARD NOT EVEN CANCELLED! NO NOTES EITHER WISH I NEVER
BROUGHT MY BUSINESS TO EE
Christopher_G

I'm sorry to hear that, @Jayhughes160. Did you speak to our customer service team?

Chris