cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel contract due to Roaming Pass price increase?

Redmi
Investigator
Investigator

When signing up to your 24-month mobile contract recently, the deciding factors were the price of the plan itself, as well as the price of the addons advertised as benefitting EE users. Your recent Roaming Pass price announcement, increasing the price from £15 to £25 per month from October is not only not in line with the Consumer Price Index, but is also a price increase outside of your annual price increase in March.

As such, please confirm EE customers can cancel their contracts without incurring penalties.

118 REPLIES 118
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @Redmi 

It isnt compulsory and your choice to use it, essentially no you will not be able to cancel. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
Redmi
Investigator
Investigator

Arguably, customers are misled into what the costs are when signing up to a contract, even if these costs aren't compulsory. Had I known the Roaming Pass was going to be £25 and not £15 (after a £5 increase last March), I never would have signed up with EE. Looking at this price increase, EE can do what they want with their other non-compulsory addons and their customers just have to sit out the remainder of their contracts?

@Redmi , where did you get that the roaming pass is increasing from £15 to £25? Not heard that one, and you do not have to have roaming pass.

To contact EE customer service dial 150 from your mobile phone or ring customer service for free using Skype or another phone: +44 800 079 8586 or +44 800 956 6000.
Redmi
Investigator
Investigator

@Schockwave 

I got a text from EE about price increase. Can also see here and other news sites.

For me personally, I travel a lot in the EU and it came down to between O2 (free roaming) and EE. I finally chose EE thinking I could live with £15 for the Roaming Pass as their base plan was cheaper, but see now that was the wrong choice.

@Schockwave : It's been recently added to the help article How do I get the Roam Abroad Pass? 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Tariffs with smart benefits is the only recommendation I can give if you want to stay with EE.  

but more importantly,   EE are going to loose customers over this, lots of customers as this is a disgrace.      

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Redmi 

From 18th October the Roam Abroad Pass will increase to £25. This will apply to new and existing EE customers. We're reflecting increasing costs in providing the ability to roam for our customers

Customers with Smart Plans or inclusive extra's will continue to benefit from the pass. 

If you would like to discuss your plan and see what is available please call us on 150. 

Leanne.

Hi can someone at EE explain what ‘rising costs’ require a 66.6% price increase in 1 month???

bristolian
Legend
Legend

Increase in add-on costs have never been a basis for outright contract cancellation - the basis being that you can remove the individual add-on to eliminate the price increase.