Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canccelling EE sim contract and moving to subscription

mutlu35
Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

I made a contract with EE on 20th November and I got my sim a couple of days later and I got my PACT number from other provider I moved my number to EE and started to use new sim on 22th November.

I'm planning to move a new address, on 1st December I checked the EE and there wasn't a signal. I tried indoor and outdoor but my phone was able to get only satellite signal for SOS messaging. For this reason I decided to cancel my contract and move my number to EE subscription.

Since last Friday, I'm trying to contact with EE on 150, via email, and also I request a call back but I couldn't get a person to talk.

Today I tried on mobile app and I was able to had a chat with a person, but said sorry and ignored my recent contract attempt with EE via phone, email and call-back request and didn't help me.

I want to cancel my contract and request to move my number to subscription.

Could you please provide me a solution? If I have to pay the contract, can you bring signal to where I'm moving?

Thank you.

Mutlu

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@mutlu35 : If you've ordered this contract by phone or online you might just be within the 14-day cooling-off period to cancel. Even if you are you couldn't just move it to PAYG, That's for proper contracts expiring.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@mutlu35   Where did you take out this contract? 

Dear @Chris_B ,

I called the EE support line and sign the contract online via web link.

Many thanks.

Mutlu

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@mutlu35 : If you've ordered this contract by phone or online you might just be within the 14-day cooling-off period to cancel. Even if you are you couldn't just move it to PAYG, That's for proper contracts expiring.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Dear @XRaySpeX,

I requested call-back this morning and a couple of minutes ago return team called me back and switch to PAYG because I was in the 14 days cooling period. But through the chat via mobile app, I had chat with two different person and both of them said, 'you are out of the cooling period'. 

When I contacted the right team, my problem was solved.

Thank you for your support.

Mutlu