Bill

Douglas14
Investigator
Investigator

My wife, an EE customer had a problem receiving text messages on her phone while abroad. EE couldn't immediately correct the error. The upshot was EE phoned me on my EE phone and instructed us what to do. 

At the time I asked the EE customer services agent whether  I would be charged for his calls. He told me, 'No, you won't be charged', but yet I now find have been charged.

Can someone from EE clarify tis for me, please?

8 REPLIES 8
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Where were you? You are not charged for receiving calls while in UK or EU.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I am in the Middle East.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Douglas14 

Welcome to the community.

Yes, it's chargeable to receive a call from the UK when you're outside of the EU. The agent may have added a manual credit to refund the call. Is there any sign of that on the bill?

Chris

Thanks for replying. There was no manual credit of refund on the bill.

Christopher_G

OK, thanks for checking, @Douglas14 

I recommend speaking to our Mobile Care team so they can check your account and look into this for you.

Chris

Thanks, but how do I go about that, as I am still in the ME? Your link takes me to several options that require me to call them.

Christopher_G

There's an international number to call on there to call from another phone or through a VoIP service, such as Skype, @Douglas14

Chris

@Douglas14 wrote:

Thanks, but how do I go about that, as I am still in the ME? Your link takes me to several options that require me to call them.

This depends how urgently you want to resolve this. If you want to attend to this whilst you are still roaming, then you will need to contact EE CS on one of their international numbers.

If you can wait until your return to the UK, you can contact them on 150 from your mobile.