cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Ownership

HawkinsLTD
Explorer

I started my EE contact years ago before I was an eligible age to have my name as the main account holder so I put my sisters as it. Now I'm 21 and finally got around to changing it over as I cant upgrade without my sister on the phone with me, which I have never had trouble with before? Changing the account owners name took 3 phone calls and 1 shop visit which shouldn't have been that hard, but now looking into my account I do not have my current contract linked to it, I had 6 months left of a SIM only deal and I was looking to upgrade, but it not only recognises me as a "new customer" but it wont let me access my current plan. I only managed to get a successful call to EE as of 4 days ago so maybe its too early to see the change? I just want to call and try upgrade, but EE's steep prices may make that undoable and I may just need to swap provider at this point.  

Has anyone ran into the problem of not being able to see your current plan when changing over? If so what should I do?

4 REPLIES 4
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @HawkinsLTD 

Welcome to the community.

You should be able to see the plan information as soon as it changes ownership. Is your name showing on the account? Is the number linked in your EE Online account?

Chris

Hi @Christopher_G 

So my account still has the old account owners name, however when I call 150 it greets me with mine 

Dan

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

OK, thanks @HawkinsLTD 

If you give us a call on 150, the team will be able to make sure the correct number is allocated to the correct account.

Chris

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@HawkinsLTD  You’ll not be able to upgrade just yet anyway as you’ve just taken over the account.  It used to be 3 months after a change of ownership you could upgrade.