cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 Day Sim Only

marcinlondon
Investigator
Investigator

I have a 30 day sim only which is expired. I wanted to change it to a 12 month contract. I’m being told I need to wait for 6 months before I can do this. I am not asking for a phone contract. This doesn’t make sense? Can anyone help?

5 REPLIES 5
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

In what way has it expired? A 30-day SIM contract is just an ongoing contract with 30 days notice of cancellation.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

What I meant was I had it for more than 30 days. 

bristolian
Legend
Legend

There may be some confusion in terminology here. All EE's pay-monthly plans have a 30day notice period for disconnection, whether they handset-based plans or SIM-only plans.

If you migrate from a handset-plan to a SIM-only plan, you can move back to a handset-plan - by means of upgrade - at anytime, there is no lockout.

If you are a new customer to EE on SIM-only, then unless you have a 30day (which relates to the minimum term) plan, you must remain on that plan for 6months before being able to move to a handset-plan.

Thanks for your reply. I am not looking to move to a handset plan. I want to change my 30 day sim to a 12 month sim only. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @marcinlondon 

Thanks for coming here. 

If you call us on 150 our mobile guides can check eligibility and let you know what options are available. 

Leanne.