cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls received from UK show as International Calls

SeanMD11
Visitor

I've recently migrated across to EE from another provider. 

I'm using a Samsung Android phone.

I've noticed that when I receive calls from other uk-based mobile numbers they show up as international calls.

Has anyone else experienced this and do you know what causes it?

13 REPLIES 13
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @SeanMD11 

Caller ID is usually generated by the network (rather than the phone) so there's no setting I'm aware of that can cause this. A few things to check though...

- Are these callers whom you have stored in your contacts, or "unknown callers"? If they're in your contacts, have you tried changing the format?

- Are calls from landlines affected?

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

How do they show up as International Calls? Do you mean that their Caller IDs start with '+44'? That's quite normal for UK callers.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@SeanMD11 Are you in the UK or abroad? Think we're assuming the UK, but you've not said.

If you're abroad, this behaviour would be quite normal.

pompey07
Investigator
Investigator

Mine has gone the same .. unless its from someone in my call list. All other messages show a foreign flag and come up as an international call when I read the message

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @pompey07,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Please get in touch with Customer Care so our Tech Gurus can take a look at this issue.

They'll be happy to help.

James

daveasp1
Investigator
Investigator

I have had this issue since returning from Greece 3 weeks ago. All messages not from a contact now come up with International call and I have a little Greek flag next to them. EE tech reset everything but same issue and sent new settings to phone. All cache been reset and re-joined the EE network. Nothing working 

Highly annoying

See below

messages.png

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @daveasp1

It sounds like you have tried everything I would recommend here on the community. 

Have you been able to notify our technical care team that this is still the same?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

I was in Spain a few weeks ago and exactly the same issue is occurring for me now: even  conversations that occurred before I travelled are shown with a Spanish flag next to them. Like others, it only affects those not in my contacts list.

Not a big deal but I was initially quite concerned thinking that I might be incurring roaming charges despite being back in GB.

Hi,

I'm just wondering did this ever get solved as I'm having the same issue since returning from Turkey over a month ago. All push SMS from people like Amazon or DPD show up as international call with the Turkish flag. I've trued