cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help with terrible EE situation-- vulnerable person

abusedCustomer
Investigator
Investigator

EE have completely **bleep**ed me over, i applied to change over provider on december 11th, they kept canceling my accounts because their workers were inputting the wrong address however they would refuse to notify me, leaving this weeks apart, by the time they actually made a working account for me they started work on Janurary 30th
I was without internet from december 11th as i had canceled my previous provider when i signed up with in the EE store on Exeter highstreet.
when i talked to complains they completely disregarded the time left without internet due to faults on EE's part and only offered a measly amount for the 4 days it actually took them to install it when they did their job correctly. I am a vulnerable person with Autism, agoraphobia, and social disorders who relies on a connection for medical help, social interaction, and generally not being completely closed off from the outside world. they caused me a lot of emotional distress being unable to get any help, unable to order myself food, and caused me to waste a lot of money on assets and subscriptions that i no longer had access to due to them **bleep**ing me around with a connection.
in the time they canceled two accounts, they stole £40 from for for 2 credit checks. I never saw that money returned to me.
they sent me a router in that time, That i had returned almost immediately as i was told i would need work done to install it. They are fining me £85 despite returning this weeks ago. 

the only compensation i have been offered is 2 months free internet and £23 for the 4 days they accept that the work was staggered. I have lost more than £500 in assets over the 2 months i have been unable to be online, the emotional distress has caused me to self harm, and do other terrible activies due to having no access to my support network (again, caused by EE's terrible customer service and general workforce)
Only one EE service member actually listened when i said I was a vulnerable person, everyone else had talked over me.

as a vulnerable person i do not make a lot of money, they have bled me dry, and given me mediocre connection. i am too stressed and do not have anybody to help me go through the omnibusman route, i dont know what to do. EE has royally **bleep**ed me and is taking the minimum level of responsibility for it, they are cold, greedy, and a disgusting company. 

6 REPLIES 6
Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @abusedCustomer 

If you have already complained then you'll have to escalate your complain to the ombudsman if you have your deadlock letter. 

There is no customer account access on these forums and therefore there is no individual account help. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@abusedCustomer : Nobody charges for credit checks.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Robbie-Mac
EE Community Support Team

Hi @abusedCustomer

Welcome to the EE Community and thank you for your post!

I am sorry for the delay connecting your services and that your experience has made you feel that way.  I will message you privately now in a moment with steps you can take to come through to us and we will pick up and deal with your complaint from here.

Thanks,

Robbie

The payments were taken out by EE. The EE worker on the phone had let me know this was standard when making a new account, and that this payment would later be returned 6 months into my contract (taken off my bill).
However the accounts kept getting canceled and remade, and they kept taking these payments out.

PROOF 1.png

This person had messaged me asking for details for my account, I replied hastily in a panic due to my situation. However if my account becomes compromised it will be due to this. 👍 

Neil-O
EE Community Support Team

Hi, @abusedCustomer @Robbie-Mac is an EE employee.

Thanks

Neil