cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation day been and gone

Adlez
Explorer

I've just moved into a house that already has FTTP so has an Openreach modem on the wall. Initially I gave the 22nd as the date of completion but was given the 24th. This has now been and gone and still I have nothing. 

Has anyone else been in the same situation? How long did you take to get up and running in the end?

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You will be entitled to Automatic compensation for delayed activation of your broadband and/or landline service.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@Adlez  welcome to the forum.

Have you spoken to the Broadband care team? Have you been sent your own router or have they said to use the one that is there?

It may be that due to repair work after the recent storms your install has been delayed, give the care team a call.

Ray4850
Contributor
Contributor

Hi have you had any joy, i am thinking of changing to EE  for tv and bb

This was two years ago 😀

Yes. I contacted them and they ended up giving me credit on my account as an apology.

I've had no faults so recommend EE. I have however, just last week, moved to Plusnet as it's a £20 a month saving over what I was paying for EE.