cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay between switching provider

ddean1379
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, Found out recently that EE can now offer full fibre in my postcode area 🎉.. so started the switch process from Virmin immediately.

Now I've left myself with a little dilemma.. I figured it would be a quick process so gave my months notice to VM straight away. That's now finished and I've had a text from EE saying openreach will be connecting me in April 🫣 .. is anyone aware of a stop gap? Something I can use until then without a 12-18 month contract?

I'm aware of using my hotspot on my EE mobile but that's not working too well on my lads ps5.

5 REPLIES 5
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@ddean1379  You could get a mobile router on PAYG  you can pick these up at Argos,curry’s 

SEE HERE   AND HERE   

Not a bad idea and technically still works out at only £30 a month for next couple of months. 👍🏻

Ray4850
Contributor
Contributor

Hi I am thinking of changing from sky my contract runs out end of April. I thought EE TV and broadband only takes 14 days what time scale were you given on order if you don't mind me asking.

Hi, I wasn't given a timescale as such when I set it up in store, but was told it's relatively quick.. that was the 20th Jan and I'm due to be connected on 18th April 🙄

Thank you for reply hope all goes well.