Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

importing contacts into EE hub

heelisp
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have been trying to import contacts in vcard format into my hub. Apart from manually entering them in to the phones, this is the only way. However I get an error "invalid data CHOP3-903"

I have checked the format by opening in a text editor and it conforms to the standard vcf file format. So I do not know where to go from here

As anyone successfully imported contacts. Would it be possible for them to post an example vcard that imported (after anonymising of course).

20 REPLIES 20
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @heelisp 

Welcome to the community.

Which router do you have?

Chris

smart hub SH31B

juiceof2limes
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I have successfully imported vcard contacts to SH31B hub that were previously exported from a BT SH2 and which I have also modified before importing back etc.

Simply repeat for another contact. 

Format:

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:4.0
FN:firstname Surname
N:Surname;Firstname;;;
TEL;VALUE=uri;TYPE=cell:tel:xxxxxxxxxxx
TEL;VALUE=uri;TYPE=work:tel:xxxxxxxxxxx
TEL;VALUE=uri;TYPE=home:tel:xxxxxxxxxxx
MEDLODY:0
ACCOUNTID:0
DFTNUM:0
OWN:0
END:VCARD

Hi

thanks for that. However I tried with this format and received the same error. What OS did you use to generate the vcf file. I am using a Mac. perhaps it makes a difference?

juiceof2limes
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Strange. I use Windows and Notepad++
The end of each line has CRLF if that helps.

I should mention that the phones I have are the Advanced Alexa ones but I wouldn't think that should make much difference

Hi, I have not succeeded in importing contacts despite trying every permutation of file format. I am amazed that EE do not publish anything that would be of help on this, since it must effect everyone switching to digital home phone (which in time will mean everyone).

Thanks for your efforts though, I really appreciate it.

Daniel-S
EE Community Support Team

Hi @heelisp,

I'd like to take a look into this for you to see what could be causing it.

From what you've said, you have exported the file from a Smart Hub 2.

I'd like to know a bit more info privately if possible. Specifically the VCF info.

I'll send you a private message where you can reply to me if you wish.

Thank you
Daniel-S

Glynton
Investigator
Investigator

I’m trying to achieve the same, what was the outcome of this? It’s all very well ‘going private’ but when you’ve figured it out, can you please post the solution?