cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding a BT line to EE broadband account

mmrawnsley
Contributor
Contributor

My EE broadband account is many years old - long before 2017 - can I change my BT landline to EE or will I have to have a new broadband account - much dearer?

25 REPLIES 25

@Mustrum : The OP does have 1 line. It's a SMPF with voice from BT & ADSL BB from EE. What's to stop the OP staying on EE ADSL & just move the provider of the existing landline from BT to EE, which is just what his OP asked for?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi - firstly EE were not able to let me keep my existing landline number so as it would be a hassle for me to change it - I agreed to think about it.   So in the afternoon I contact BT regretably and asked what they could do with regard to taking over my broadband from EE.  So I will be going with BT for broadband in order to keep my landline number.  The price is okay £30,99 at present - going up on 31 March which I knew anyway from my existing landline bill and communications.  It will be cheaper to just have one bill so that's the result.

@mmrawnsley wrote:

So I will be going with BT for broadband in order to keep my landline number. 

For the time being until they bounce you back as BT is moving all personal users to EE & then you'll probably have lose your landline no. or accept Digital Voice.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Storm500
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

The OP will probably be moved to Digital Voice as Openreach put a stop sell on PSTN towards the end of last year. With BT any change in contract will trigger the move to DV, if the phone is still on the PSTN network.

@mmrawnsley   thanks for the update, I hope the move goes well.

I presume you stuck with ADSL - is that right?

Also what part of the country are you in - just wondering when you are due t move to Digital Voice - BT have plans, but not sure if EE are following the same outline plan - that said my area is due to be done last.

https://newsroom.bt.com/bt-announces-regional-rollout-schedule-for-digital-voice/ 

Yes - still ADSL