cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong/Outdated Information Regarding Broadband at Property

nomad1996
Investigator
Investigator

Hi. I recently bought a property and it appears EE’s broadband checker is showing wrong information on the speeds available to it. It says the Max. Speeds are 150mbs, when I know it to be 900mbs. When checking Openreach and BT, it will say the Max. Speeds are 900mbs, so I don’t understand why there is a discrepancy here. Since EE’s broadband is powered by BT this seems to me even more bizarre. As I’m already on a 900mbs contract I do need to know how to proceed as I don’t want to incur an early termination fee.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

nomad1996

27 REPLIES 27
Storm500
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@nomad1996  Original  EE broadband was inherited from Orange. New EE broadband is BT’s broadband.

You say that you are on 900Mb FTTP. Are you still living at your original house and looking to move into the one you’ve recently bought? Who is your 900Mb broadband with is it BT?

I’m currently on a 900mbs contract at my current house. We will be moving into our new house in a couple of months. I am currently with EE. The thing is, if EE are telling me 900mbs is not available where I’m moving to I will need to pay an early termination fee, which I don’t want to do. That is why I’m here asking for help. 

Storm500
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Phone EE and arrange a home move. If they can’t proved the package you currently have it will be changed to what they can provide.

Original EE BB inherited from Orange was BT WBC 21CN, no Fibre.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
NW_Saint
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

That seems to be the sensible option and would put an end to this thread until we know the outcome of that call. 

If you give me the phone number I will hopefully do that this week. Thank you.

nomad1996
Investigator
Investigator

Yes that’s fine. 

Storm500
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

@nomad1996  The phone number is given at the end of @XRaySpeX @posts.